The controller position will oversee You42 accounting operations, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Create a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee accounting personnel to ensure:
- Accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- All reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Audit accounts for errors, misinformation, overspending
- Issue timely and complete financial statements for regular review by executive team
- Work with the Chief Revenue Officer to create and maintain accurate revenue forecasts
- Work with the Chief Operations Officer to develop benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Manage asset depreciation schedules
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external accountants
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a small to mid-sized company or division of a large corporation.
- Understanding or experience with cryptocurrency.
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.